Meatloaf Bacon Recipe
- milk - 1 cup
- bread - 6 slices
- ground beef - 2 pounds
- grated Parmesan - 1 cup
- salt - 1 teaspoon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- seasoned salt, such as Lawry's - 1/4 teaspoon
- minced flat-leaf parsley - 1/4 to 1/2 cup
- eggs - 4, beaten
- thin bacon slices - 8 to 12
- Tomato Sauce
- ketchup - 1/2 cup
- brown sugar - 6 tablespoons
- dry mustard - 1 teaspoon
- hot sauce (more if you like) - dash or 2
- Worcestershire sauce - dash or 2
For the meatloaf:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour the milk over the bread and allow it to soak in for several minutes. Place the ground beef, milk-soaked bread, Parmesan, salt, some pepper, seasoned salt and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Pour in the eggs. With clean hands, mix the ingredients until well combined.
- Form the mixture into a loaf shape on a foil-lined broiler pan, which will allow the fat from the meat to drain.
- Lay the bacon slices over the top, tucking them underneath the meatloaf to give the meatloaf some support.
Next, make the tomato sauce: Pour the ketchup into a bowl. Add the brown sugar and dry mustard, and splash in the hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Stir the mixture until well combined.
- Pour one-third of the sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for 45 minutes, and then pour over another one-third of the remaining tomato sauce over the meatloaf.
- Bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes; the meatloaf should be no longer pink in the middle.
- Allow to sit 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with the remaining tomato sauce on the side as a dipping sauce.