Small Meatloaf Recipe
- egg - 1
- 2% milk - 1/4 cup
- crushed saltines - 1/3 cup
- chopped onion - 3 tablespoons
- salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- rubbed sage - 1/8 teaspoon
- Dash pepper
- lean ground beef (90% lean) - 1/2 pound
- ketchup - 1/4 cup
- brown sugar - 2 tablespoons
- Worcestershire sauce - 1/4 teaspoon
- In a large bowl, beat egg. Add the milk, cracker crumbs, onion, salt, sage and pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves; place in a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine the ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; spoon over meat loaves.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.