Quick Meatloaf Recipe
- chopped green onions - 1/3 cup
- dry breadcrumbs - 3 tablespoons
- minced garlic - 2 teaspoons
- salt - 1/8 teaspoon
- dry mustard - 1/2 teaspoon
- freshly ground black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- crushed red pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- ground sirloin - 1 pound
- large egg - 1, lightly beaten
- ketchup, divided - 6 tablespoons
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl; add 1/4 cup ketchup. Mix beef mixture with hands just until combined.
- Shape beef mixture into a 9 x 4–inch loaf on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Brush top of meat loaf with remaining 2 tablespoons ketchup.
- Bake 7 additional minutes or until done.
- Slice loaf into 8 equal pieces.
A value-priced cabernet or merlot, like Crane Lake Cabernet Sauvignon 2005 ($4), tends to be straightforward, lighter-bodied, and lower in tannins, ideal with the lean ground beef in this traditional baked meat loaf.