Meatloaf Recipes With Oats
- lean ground beef - 1 1⁄2 lbs
- tomato juice - 1 cup
- oats, uncooked (quick or old-fashioned) - 3⁄4 cup
- egg, slightly beaten - 1
- chopped onion - 1⁄4 cup
- salt - 1⁄2 teaspoon
- black pepper - 1⁄4 teaspoon
- Heinz Chili Sauce, for top - 1 cup
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients except chili sauce. Mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Press into an 8x4-inch loaf pan.
- Zigzag top of meatloaf with chili sauce.
- Bake for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Drain and let stand 5 minutes before serving with more chili sauce on the side.