Meatloaf Recipes With Oatmeal
- egg - 1, lightly beaten
- evaporated milk - 1/3 cup
- Worcestershire sauce - 2 tablespoons
- quick-cooking oats - 3/4 cup
- chopped onion - 1/4 cup
- salt - 1 teaspoon
- rubbed sage - 1/2 teaspoon
- pepper - 1/8 teaspoon
- ground beef - 1-1/2 pounds
- ketchup - 1/4 cup
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, Worcestershire sauce, oats, onion, salt, sage and pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Press into an ungreased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours; drain.
- Spread ketchup over meat loaf. Bake 10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.Add to Favourites