Meatloaf Recipe With Cheese
- ground beef - 1 1⁄2 lbs
- spaghetti sauce, ragu chunky garden style is what I recommend - 26 -28 ounces
- egg - 1
- plain breadcrumbs - 1⁄4 cup
- shredded mozzarella cheese - 2 cups
- finely chopped fresh parsley - 1 tablespoon
- salt and pepper - however much desired
- wax paper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl mix beef, 1/3 cup of sauce,egg, and bread crumbs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll out wax paper on table and flatten mixture on it.
- Shape into a rectangle.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of cheese and parsley down center leaving 3/4 inch border.
- Then roll the meatloaf like a jelly roll tightly and be sure when rolling to pull the wax paper off.
- Press and seal the ends closed put in to pan.
- Bake uncovered 45 minutes. Pour remaining sauce and cheese on top and bake an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.