Bobby Flay Meatloaf Recipe
- olive oil - 3 tablespoons
- zucchini - 1 large, finely diced
- red bell pepper - 1, finely diced
- yellow pepper - 1, finely diced
- garlic - 5 cloves, smashed to a paste with coarse salt
- red pepper flakes - 1/2 teaspoon, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- eggs - 2 large, lightly beaten
- fresh thyme leaves - 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- chopped fresh parsley leaves - 1/4 cup, plus more for garnish
- ground pork - 1/2 pound
- ground veal - 1/2 pound
- ground beef chuck - 1 pound
- panko (Japanese) bread crumbs - 1 cup
- freshly grated Romano or Parmesan - 1/2 cup
- ketchup - 1 cup, divided
- balsamic vinegar - 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over high heat. Add the zucchini, peppers, garlic paste, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper, to taste, and cook until almost soft, 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the eggs and herbs in a large bowl. Add the meat, bread crumbs, cheese, 1/2 cup of the ketchup, 2 tablespoons of the balsamic vinegar, and the cooled vegetables and mix until just combined.
- Mold the meatloaf on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the remaining ketchup, balsamic vinegar, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Brush the mixture over the entire loaf.
- Bake the meatloaf for 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
If you really liked the above, this is a fun video with the man, Bobby Flay, himself! Here he surprises a chef-fan to a meatball surprise competition:Add to Favourites