Best Recipe For Meatloaf
- vegetable oil - 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- onion - 1, finely diced
- celery - 1 rib, finely diced
- garlic - 1 clove, minced
- bread crumbs - 2/3 cup (150 mL), fresh
- egg - 1, beaten
- prepared horseradish - 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- Worcestershire sauce - 1 tsp (5 mL)
- salt - 1/2 tsp (2 mL)
- pepper - 1/4 tsp (1 mL)
- lean ground beef - 450 g
- ketchup - 3 tbsp (45 mL)
- In skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, celery and garlic, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to large bowl; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir in bread crumbs, egg, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix to combine. Shape into 7- x 4-inch (18 x 10 cm) log; place on foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Brush all over with ketchup.
- Bake in 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oven until instant-read thermometer inserted into centre reads 160 degrees F (71 degrees C), 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Change it up: Classic Barbecue Beef Meat Loaf: Omit horseradish. Stir in 1 tsp chili powder and 1/2 tsp each ground cumin and ground coriander along with bread crumbs. Brush with prepared barbecue sauce instead of ketchup.Add to Favourites