Baking Soda: Great for the Skin!
(Checkout the video face mask below!)
Baking soda is an ingredient that is found in most kitchens. It is used for making baked goods, and it can be used as a deodorizer, but did you know that it is also beneficial for your skin? Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of baking soda.
- Exfoliates and Cleanses: The fine granular structure of baking soda can remove dead skin cells with ease. The alkaline aspect of the baking soda helps open your pores and prevent them from clogging.
- Prevents Acne and Blackheads: Baking soda is able to cure fungal infections that may be present on your skin by correcting the pH balance. Once your skin is more balanced, you can expect to see less acne and a lightening of acne scars that already exist on your face. Blackheads will also be decreased because the anti fungal properties of baking soda will help treat the infection, and then you can extract the blackheads with ease.
- Other Uses: Baking soda can also ease the itch of an insect bite, soothe allergic reactions, and it can relieve the discomfort of poison ivy and poison oak.
Baking Soda Solutions to Try
- Baking Soda Mask: Mix baking soda with water to create a paste that you can apply to your skin. Let the mask sit for ten minutes, and then rinse with warm water to remove the paste. You can also add oatmeal to this mixture.
- Baking Soda Mask with Coconut Oil: Apply a paste of baking soda and coconut oil to your acne scars to reduce them. Leave the mask on for approximately ten minutes before rinsing it off.
- Citrus Baking Soda Mask: This rejuvenation paste can be made with baking soda and the juice of any citrus fruit including orange, lemon, and grapefruit juice. Leave the mask on for 20 minutes, and if you want you can mix the citrus juices or add honey to the paste.
Baking Soda Facemask For Acne Video:
Baking soda is safe to use on your skin, but there are a few precautions that you should be aware of.
Never use a baking soda mask on sun burned skin, keep the paste out of opened wounds, and do not apply the mask directly after shaving.
If you ever notice stinging sensation, wash the mask off immediately.